Friday, August 8, 2008

Summer fun


A much overdue blog... Thank you for your concern in Saltash; no we haven't been eaten by dinosaurs, though I will use that as an excuse as I haven't got a better one! We have been without IT for a few days though; our laptop met with a rather unfortunate accident and is completely broken; sadly we have lost some of our photos too. On the plus side though we do now have a shiny new laptop which I am very happy with and am using now!

Leigh is busy out on the Prairie somewhere... and the children & I along with the rest of the Prairie widows have been soaking up the sun & generally relaxing! Last Friday eve we were over at the Commanders house as General & Lady Dannatt were out here visiting. He's a really nice chap. I wish Leigh had briefed me before hand though as the Canadian Chief of General Staff was out here visiting too and over dinner I asked him if he was in the Army! I didn't find out until later who he was! Oh well, it could have been worse; one of the other wives asked him if he lived in Ralston! Clearly I wasn't the only one who had no idea who he was!

I'm out on the wives visit to the Prairie on Sunday night. We go out at 8pm until the following morning to see what the boys get up to and to watch the final night live fire exercise, which is apparently pretty impressive. I'm really looking forward to it - it will be good to see what Leigh does out here after all this time. I bet the boys can hardly wait! Attached is recent footage of the children enjoying the pool in Medicine Hat & Ben skateboarding (for a change!). Olivia is first down the water slide followed by Charlie, I did pan around to try and find Ben but as per usual he was nowhere to be seen, pretending not to be out with his Mummy!

No comments: