Tuesday, September 4, 2007


Well, I am survivng 'Skate School'! Infact I'm loving it! 2nd day in and am already managing to stand up :)) I have managed somehow to skate my way into the 'fastest eight', which I am really pleased about, however I have problems with stopping! - So I either hit the barrier, fall down (very gacefully, ofcourse) or keep going around in a circle until I eventually stop! The training is a bit intense and far too serious for my liking: we are already being taught how to 'cross over' (going round in a circle putting one foot over the other - with the hockey stick) and doing figures of 8 around cones...skating on one foot, then the other, but the most fun is going as fast as you can from one end of the arena to the other....all of which I can do pretty well.....I just can't stop at the end of it! But hey -that's why the barrier is there isn't it? Anyway, kids happy, Leigh home (at the moment!) Charlie started 'Kiddie Kare'this morning and had a lovely time.....so all is good. Took delivery of a climbing frame & trampoline today that someone here was selling, so once again our garden will no doubt become a 'kid magnet'! Will let you know how the rest of Skate School goes x

1 comment:

BWILD said...

Wow ! I'm impressed that you can stay upright, let alone stop. Sure that will come in time, and you will be picked for 'The Team' do they give you practice with opponents during the training so you can stop them ?

What are you going to do with your time now the kids seem to be off doint their own thing some of the time? Love to All xxxxx