Sunday, September 30, 2007


Pretty busy week....Leigh has been out on the Prairie quite alot and I have been at hockey school every evening - I have survived without injury and we had our first 'shinney' (game) on friday, which was great fun! A bit scarey when the puck comes your way (followed by 10 people chasing it!). That was followed by the pre-season party which was a good laugh too. There are some real characters here. Ben has started his hockey/skate school this weekend - he looks so cute in all his kit. Yesterday morning was his first time on the ice and he spent the majority of the hour on his hands and knees! He went back today and he was much improved, so I should think that in a few weeks he will be a speed demon! He is already talking about playing for The Montreal Tigers! See the short video of Ben skating today (below), I will take another in a few weeks time so we can see his progress. Hopefully Olivia will have skating lessons this week (she's too young for hockey - thank goodness!). Charlie can have a go too, but I think I'll introduce one at a time to the ice! Big Hello to Grandad Bob who is following my blog via his neighbour Ellen x

1 comment:

BWILD said...

So glad to hear that you are progressing with the ice hockey - not sure I would like it but I used to ski so perhaps it would not be as scary as hurtling down a steep slope and trying to slow down ! I am sure Ben will be a speed demon in no time at all - once children get the hang of things there is no stopping them. Wish him Good Luck from Grandpa and Grandma Worcester and a big hug and kisses to all the Children for my beautiful birthday card. x x x x x x