Monday, December 17, 2007

Another great week! Ben & I have had such great fun skiing...obviously we have been singled out for the next winter Olympics! Well perhaps not me...but Ben was brilliant and whizzed past me a few times on the ski hills! Whilst I was working on my technique (zig zagging slowly down the mountain) Ben just pointed his ski's down the hill and went for it! No fear..I'm so envious! I couldn't even get off the ski lift without falling on my arse! Anyway,enough of that! Olivia & Charlie are great. Olivia has had her school nativity...sadly I missed it as I was skiing but Daddy went and was ever the tearful father. Friday evening we had the Mess Christmas party which was great fun. Scottish dancing (bizzarly!) and lots of carol singing...and drinking.. So as not to let the English down, we were there until the very end! This weekend we went sledging at Kin Coulee park (near Medicine Hat - hopefully you will see the footage below) - it was a great family day and the kids had such fun hurtling down the big hill. And being the biff that I am, I managed to get taken out by a teenage snowboarder (ouch!) Hillarious!. So, a pretty chilled week ahead. Kids at school and Leigh on leave (though he he went to work today)..Ben's Xmas concert tomorrow though Leigh won't be there as he is playing Ice Hockey at the Med Hat Arena v the Ex-pat's. Not many beers after the game then!...

2 comments:

BWILD said...

I am not surprised that Ben is so daring, reminds me of his Dad ! You will be just as confident Kerry, after a few more practice runs. I bet Olivia was a 'star' in the nativity, and hope you enjoy Ben's concert. Heard on the radio today that Canada is experiencing the worst and coldest weather for 63 years . . . you are there at the right time then ? ! All our love Mum and Dad, Worcester x x x x x

Nicky B said...

Hey bird - as usual it looks fab - have looked at flights & for me and Jess to fly out on 17 Dec 08 for 10 day is £1023! Bargain so going to book them! Ben can teach me to ski!