Saturday, December 29, 2007


Apologies for a long overdue Xmas blog from The Rockies... We all had a great Christmas. We stayed at home in the village as did a few other families, so we had some rather jolly festive get togethers! Which was nice! The children were more than pleased with what Father Christmas left for them - Bob the Builder sit and ride digger for Charlie, a princess castle for Olivia & Ski's, boots and poles for Ben amongst alot of other things. We couldn't have gone away for Christmas even if we wanted to without hiring a 10ft trailer! So here we are at last in The Rockies...again, staying in a great hotel called The Windtower in Canmore. We have a self contained condo which is just what we need and use of the outdoor hot tub which is great! Seems a very odd thing to do when it's at least -9 outside, but once you are in it you can see why they are so popular. It's kept at around 40 degrees and being the sensible one, I kept my hair dry, where as Leigh and the kids got theirs wet so it froze to thier heads! With all the steam it's not a problem - as Ben pointed out it's like were in are a giant saucepan of people soup! Leigh and Ben have been skiing together already and today we went in another outdoor spa in Banff which is a natural hot spring a fair way up Sulphur Mountain. Tomorrow Olivia & Charlie are going into day care and Leigh, Ben and I are skiing together for the day at Sunshine Valley. I shall make sure I dont make a wrong turn at the top and come down a double diamond black run! I'm sure the boys wouldn't mind that! I have a few reservations though! We have a sleigh ride booked around Lake Louise for New Years Eve which will be a real treat. Sorry you haven't been able to see the sledging videos from my last blog - I keep trying but there seems to be a problem with the web page. I'll blog again at New Year. Hope you all had a great Christmas & have a great New Year x

No comments: