Monday, January 7, 2008


We are back from The Rockies after another great week there. We saw the New Year in with Paul, Marluz & thier son Paddy Flavell - friends of ours who were staying in the same hotel. We had a really nice evening with a Spanish twist at Midnight. As you may have guessed Marluz is Spanish and it is their tradition to eat a grape with each midnight gong and make a wish - we had to do the gong's ourselves though as we didn't get them here! The sleigh ride on Lake Louise was really lovely, though it was so cold the children rapidly lost interest and were soon complaining! The plan was to actually skate on Lake Louise afterwards but we were so cold we headed
straight to the restaurant. Another time perhaps! There is even a really beautiful ice castle which has been sculptured and put on the frozen lake so people can skate around it. Very pretty - especially when admired from indoors! As I mentioned in my last blog, Leigh, Ben & I had a day's skiing whist Olivia & Charlie went into day care (which they loved!). A great day but I think it would be fair to say that I am not a natural skier...I seem to remember swearing alot at leigh coming down a hill, which in my opinion he should have recce'd first! But it was fun and I think I might
have just mastered the art of getting off the chair lift without falling over! I had a few 'rest's' during the day to let the boy's go off and catch their hair on fire - which they did. When Leigh checked the map of one of the hill's he and Ben came down, it showed that part of it was a black run! Ben loved it - that's my boy! You wouldn't catch me making that mistake!

4 comments:

BWILD said...

Another wet and windy day here in the Midlands so we really envy your wonderful descriptions of the snow and your experiences onthe ski slopes . . . even mastering the scary skiing skills Kerry ! Hope 2008 has got off to a good start for you all. Love x x x x x

Anonymous said...

Missing Photos!!! All looks fab and great fun but do we not get to see any photo's of the beautiful Olivia and the angelic. Charlie

Anonymous said...

Couldn’t agree more. We are bored of mum and dad hogging the limelight with their stories of daring do on the ski slopes and ice. More photos of the kids please!

Unknown said...

Morning Barb. I bet you are having a marvellous time. Looking forward to seeing a blog with you in it look forward to seeing lots o pics when I see you.Love to all. Anthea