Saturday, February 7, 2009

All quiet on the Ralston front!


It's been another quiet week in the Ralston - even the weather has been quite unremarkable! The temperature has barely dipped below freezing (causing a treacherous thaw!) and even the odd Gopher has been spotted around the village giving us all the false sense of hope that spring is almost upon us!

It seems that the weather in the UK is more of a talking point! Indeed I nearly fell off my running machine when I saw a picture of the A38 near Plymouth being shown on the Canadian news channel! It must be bad back there to get sympathy from the Canadians!

So not much to blog about this week; last Friday we had a good night in the village pub, followed by a fun Dinner party the next night... followed by a few much needed quiet nights! I`ve started a quilting course (yes, quilting!) which I really enjoyed and will (hopefully) end up with a patchwork `Quillow`, which is a quilt which folds up inside a cushion! So with that and my Ceramics I am turning in to quite the picture of domesticity! I`ve even been cooking a lot! Time to leave Ralston me thinks!

The children are all happy and well. Olivia said her `Promise`at Sparks (Brownies) this week and is now a fully fledged member (i.e I have a lot of badges to sew!) and Ben and Charlie are happy sledging just about everywhere!



Leigh took these fantastic pictures of the sunrise over Ralston very early O`clock en route to the gym... not something I will see first hand!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! awesome pictures of the sunrise!