Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Still Spring!


I can hardly believe it has been almost two weeks since my last blog; time is just flying by and at this rate we will be home before we know it! We have had a fairly eventful fortnight, mainly organising our move back to the UK. Almost all of our belongings have gone - the house is pretty bare and all we have to our names are a suitcase each worth of clothes! I am now beginning to think that I was a bit hasty with the packing now though as I've only got 3 pairs of jeans and a few tops to wear for the next 7 or so weeks! The children have got even less I think! Oh well, at least we will be travelling light!

On a more positive note though almost all of the snow in the village has gone and we have been enjoying some real spring-like days with temperatures a few degrees above freezing. Believe me, when you've had had six months of extreme sub zero temperatures, even zero degrees feels really warm! This is Canada though and I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of the snow yet! To quote Billy Connoly "There is no such thing in Canada as bad weather; only the wrong clothes". How true!

The children are all happy and well. Busy with school and their friends. We are all looking forward to the Easter break and are heading up to the Rockies again for what will be the last time during our stay here.

As ever, the disappearing snow means the onset of the Prairie season and Leigh is already working much longer days in preparation. He only has the first two weeks of the first Med Man exercise to do this year though as his successor arrives later this month to take over.

Due to the lack of photos taken since the last blog I am digging up the archive! The top photo is one taken by Leigh during a helicopter flight over the Prairie (as you can see there is not much around!) and the other is of Leigh in his 'TSV' (2nd in I think) during an exercise last year.

No comments: